:: Forum of Saint Rita ::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A dedicated forum for the saint of the impossible, Saint Rita of Cascia

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your Novena Of Luck!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lightness

Your Novena Of Luck! Empty
PostSubject: Your Novena Of Luck!   Your Novena Of Luck! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 2:22 am

YOUR NOVENA OF LUCK
What is a Novena?
A Novena is a prayer that must be recited for 9 consecutive days – it grants us something that is truly dear to our heart.
Why 9 days?
The Novena originates from the 9 days that separate the Ascension Day and Pentecost, the time when Jesus asked his apostles to remain in prayer with his mother Mary as they waited for the Holy Spirit.
Praying for 9 consecutive days helps us to persevere. It’s true that it takes a lot of effort to “endure” and remain in prayer. If we made a resolution to pray every single day of the year, it would be fairly difficult for us to hold ourselves to it. This comes from our nature as weak and unpredictable beings. On the other hand, making the decision to pray for 9 consecutive days allows us to make a commitment and then adhere to it without fail. This is an experience that brings peace to the soul. It opens onto the kind of personal relationship with the Divine sphere that constitutes the source of true happiness.
The Novena is a way for us to get closer to that Divine sphere. It allows us to “plug into” Him and live a little closer to Him for 9 days while we trust and share with him our burdens, our worries, our intentions. It is the act of recognizing that without Him, we are nothing.
Why and to whom should we pray?
So I say to you: “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened...” (Luc 11, 9-11)
According to what Jesus teaches us, we must be prepared to ask for things confidently: for ourselves, for others, for the world, for peace, for the sick and the hungry… We must remain convinced that the powers above grant any and all of our prayers, even when we do not see results immediately. The important thing is to maintain an open heart so that we may welcome all of the best things the Heavens may bestow upon our lives and the lives of those we pray for here on earth.
Let us ask for the light of the Holy Spirit, for it is He who enlightens our requests and gives life to our desires, determining how and when shall be fulfilled. If we allow grudges, pain and rebellion to invade our hearts at times, then why should we not conduct this Novena to inspire the Heavens to send forgiveness and mercy into all of our hearts.
How should it be done?
First of all, decide when you will start the Novena and on what day you will conclude it. Then choose a place where you are going to pray: choose somewhere calm where you will go on each one of the 9 days. The place where you are going to pray should be pleasant and comfortable, even if it is a small space.
Choose the time of day or the moment when you will pray for this Novena. It is preferable to pray at the same time each day if you can, it can help.
Each day, during your prayer, you should burn a white candle or a candle of a color corresponding with the object of your prayer. You will therefore need to burn 10 candles of the same color over the whole Novena.
You may begin the Novena on any day of the week – the only important thing is that the 9-day period must never include 2 Fridays.
On the first day, you will take a bath so you can purify yourself. You will then begin your Novena on the next morning – that is when you can light your first candle and start your prayer. The prayer should then be conducted every day at the same time, barring any exceptional setbacks.
On final day of your Novena (which is the ninth day of prayer), you must go to a place that is charged with religious meaning. (A church, temple, cathedral…)
On the following Monday morning, you will burn a 10th candle as you recite a prayer of thanks. You shall do so even if your wish has not yet been fulfilled.
Color and Signification of Candles:
White: Relates to spiritual aid and meaningful thoughts or dreams
Blue: Relates to protection, a successful situation at home, a request for support.
Yellow/Gold: To use for success in business and education, including exams.
Red: For defense against a rival or competitor, enemies, people who want to hurt you.
Pink: For everything relating to love, romance, relationships, emotional health, getting a lost loved one back.
Green: For all requests relating to financial issues, business strategy, commerce.
Purple: Concerns everything connected to health, well-being, and illness.
Who should the prayer be addressed to?
You should of course pray to the Sky and the Heavens, the Divine Sphere, and the Holy Spirit.
The Saints are also part of this extended family up above. Each Saint lived their life according to their personality, the era in which they lived, and the calling they received from the Lord. We believe that even after death, each Saint maintains their personality and continues to help us, through their prayer – the same way they helped people when they were here fulfilling their mission on earth.Finally, when you conclude the Novena with the tenth and final prayer: address it to Saint Rita, the defender of desperate and difficult causes, to thank

FIRST DAY
O most faithful servant and enforcer of God’s will,
O most Holy Angel, my protector who,
Since the very first moment of my existence,
Has always watched over me with concern
And insured the safety of my body and spirit,
I salute you and thank you,
United with the choir of the Angels in my gratitude
For the greatness of God committed to the protection of man.
I pray that you instantly double your consideration, that you save and preserve me from any possible fall during my pilgrimage,
So that my soul may always maintain this purity,
That this help may bring me clarity like a holy baptism.
Angel of God, My Guardian,
Give me Light, Give me Protection, Give me Guidance, Give me direction,
O you to whose arms the mercy of God has led me.
Amen.

SECOND DAY
O my loving companion, O my one and only true friend,
My holy Guardian Angel who, at all times and in all places,
Gives me the honor of your venerable presence,
I salute you and give thanks,
United with the choir of Archangels charged by God with announcing great and mysterious events and occurrences.
I pray that you instantly enlighten my spirit with Divine knowledge and understanding of the one Divine Will
That you give my heart the disposition to execute them and abide by their intention,
So that I may always act in accordance with the faith I profess,
And after life obtain the reward promised to those true believers.
Amen.

THIRD DAY
O my very wise Master, my holy guardian angel,
Who never ceases the teaching of the true science of the Saints,
I salute you and I thank you,
Joined together with the heart of the Principals governing lower spirits
To insure the prompt and successful execution of Divine will.
I pray that you should always watch over my thoughts, my words, my actions – So that:
As I conform to all of your salutary teachings I may never lose sight of the holy fear of God,
That unique and never-failing principle that is the only true wisdom
Amen.

FOURTH DAY
O my loving and caring Guide, my holy Guardian Angel,
Who with loving criticism and constant admonitions,
Helps me back up, helps me recover,
Each time I trip and fall into misery,
I salute you and thank you, united as one with the heart of the Powers that defend us from the Demon’s efforts to conquer our souls.
I pray that you may instantly save my soul from the sleeping state and indecision that it find itself in, that I may fight back and triumph over my enemies.
Amen.

FIFTH DAY
O my strong and valiant Protector, my Saintly Guardian Angel,
Who showed me the traps laid by the Demon,
Disguised by the artifice of this world and the carnal pleasures of the flesh,
Who brought me to the path of victory and triumph,
United with all of the Virtues that the all-powerful God created for the fulfillment of miracles and the human pursuit of Sainthood.
I pray that you will save me from all danger now,
Defend me from all assaults and allow me to move forward, in safety and security, on the path of true virtue,
Abiding by the code of humility, purity, obedience, kindness and generosity,
The values I know are most important and essential to Salvation.
Amen.

SIXTH DAY
O my divine advisor, O my holy Guardian Angel,
Whose way is always the just solution,
Who teaches me to follow God’s will and informs me of the means by which it should be accomplished,
Mind heart and spirit united with God’s chosen path, to communicate his orders and give us the strength to dominate our passions.
I pray that you may instantly deliver my spirit of all troubling doubts and all disabling confusion,
So that I may go forward without Fear,
So that I may always follow your way, your peaceful principles of justice and holy Sainthood.
Amen.

SEVENTH DAY
O my zealous advocate, my holy Guardian Angel,
With your ceaseless prayer,
Pleading the cause of my eternal salvation to the Heavens and freeing my mind from the thought of my deserved punishment,
United with all of the Thrones chosen and blessed to maintain humanity’s virtuous pursuit of good.
I pray that I may be instantly crowned with your charity and given the incalculable gift of final perseverance,
So that in death, I may make a perfect transition from the misery of this exile to the eternal joy of the celestial homeland.
Amen.

EIGHTH DAY
O most gentle friend of my soul, my holy blessed Guardian Angel,
Whose sweet inspirations comfort me amid the vicissitudes of present life and the fears of what the future may bring,
United together with the heart of the Cherubs,
Full of God’s great science and knowledge,
Who are responsible for enlightening us in our ignorance.
I pray that you may instantly come to my aid and console me,
From my present adversity all the way through the final agony,
So that I, seduced by your gentle ways and your pure goodness,
May seal and protect my heart against all of the deceptive charms of this earth,
My heart which shall be at peace in its hope of future happiness and salvation.
Amen.

NINTH DAY
O most noble Prince of the celestial court,
Tireless helper in the quest for my eternal Salvation,
My holy Guardian Angel,
Who every second endows me with countless gifts and treasures,
United with the heart of the Seraphs animated by pure divine love,
Who are chosen to spark and light our hearts,
I pray that you may instantly light up my soul with your love,
The love that burns bright inside you always,
So that everything of the flesh and this material world may be annihilated in my soul,
That I may rise without obstacle to the level of celestial contemplation,
And be rewarded for my faith in the true mission of love on earth,
I have finally come to meet you in the glorious Kingdom, to sing your praise and give you thanks, to love you for the eternity of time.
So be it.
Amen.

PRAYER OF GRATITUDE
I come to You today with a troubled heart full of emotion, O my glorious and powerful Saint Rita.
In the hour of danger, as my happiness and the lives of those I hold dear are threatened, I have implored You from my afflicted and apprehensive soul…
I have pleaded to You, You who all know and love as the Saint of the impossible, the advocate of the most desperate causes, the last refuge in the final hour!... My confidence in You was not misplaced.
I return to You now, tears and suffering no longer filling my eyes,
My heart now filled with joy and serenity,
I come to you to offer my infinite recognition and gratitude.
This joy, this serenity, I owe these all to You, dear Saint, to You who had the courage to intervene for me with God,
despite my indignity, despite my weakness, who obtained the grace I sought.
I wish I could better express the depth of the feelings of recognition and thanks that my heart is full with, O Thaumaturgic Saint, O redeemer of the afflicted,
But the shock produced by the bliss of this grace is paralyzing my expression, all I can do is murmur: Thank you… thanks you… thank you… Saint Rita!...
To show You that my infinite gratitude is true and real, I can only promise that I will spread the knowledge of Your creed and worship,
that I shall make You loved by all those who do not yet know you, who do not yet have the great fortune of experiencing your infinite beneficence as I do.
Finally I ask that you never abandon me, that you always give me Your Saintly protection so that – after I have tasted its fruits on Earth – I may one day reunite with You in the Heavens and better give thanks that attest to the true measure of my gratitude.
So be it.
Back to top Go down

Your Novena Of Luck!
Page 1 of 1