:: Forum of Saint Rita ::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A dedicated forum for the saint of the impossible, Saint Rita of Cascia

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Saint Rita story

Go down 
AuthorMessage
heyrabbi

My Saint Rita story Empty
PostSubject: My Saint Rita story   My Saint Rita story I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:50 pm

In April 1998 I was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. I was given 3 years to live after the surgery. In May of 2000 I went on a trip to Italy which included a visit to the Vatican. The day that I was at the Vatican there was a celebration of the life of Saint Rita. Before my visit I did not know who Saint Rita was. Saint Rita's body was brought out to Saint Peter's Square that day. There were hundreds of people in the Square that day praying to Saint Rita. Hundreds of people were wearing yellow kerchiefs with Saint Rita's likeness on it. After the celebration and out of nowhere a nun walked up to me and gave me her yellow kerchief. It was so strange that she did that. My husband, son and I thought it was some sign. While I waited in the Square my husband ran into the Bascilica through the Jubilee Door and submerged the entire yellow kerchief into a bowl of holy water. He came back and placed the yellow kerchief completly over my head. It is now 2009. 8 years after I was suppose to die. I truly believe that Saint Rita is with me. I am also so puzzeled as to why that nun picked me out of hundreds of people to give the kerchief to. I have the kerchief still and the picture of it on my head in May of 2000. Saint Rita please continue to watch over me. Cathy
Back to top Go down
M

My Saint Rita story Empty
PostSubject: Thank you   My Saint Rita story I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:36 am

Dear heyrabbi

Many thanks for posting this beautiful account, this will surely emcourage many people to pray to St Rita and turn to God. I also need St Rita's help....please pray for me. I will pray for you too.
Back to top Go down

My Saint Rita story
Page 1 of 1