:: Forum of Saint Rita ::
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A dedicated forum for the saint of the impossible, Saint Rita of Cascia

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I would like to visit Saint Rita

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aline

I would like to visit Saint Rita Empty
PostSubject: I would like to visit Saint Rita   I would like to visit Saint Rita I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 4:32 am

Dear forum users
I would like to visit Saint Rita, and I want all the details to reach there.
Where is her church when is the best time to go ....
Thanks
Back to top Go down
neverwithoutyou

I would like to visit Saint Rita Empty
PostSubject: Re: I would like to visit Saint Rita   I would like to visit Saint Rita I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:01 pm

A few days before Christmas I went to Italy to visit Saint Rita Shrine in Cascia. I flought to Rome Fiumicino, rented a car there and drove to Cascia. Cascia is located in the mountain region, about 150km from Rome, in the north direction. It took me around 2,5 hours to get there by car from the Fiumicino airport. The town turned out to be a very beautiful place, I really enjoyed its captivating tranqulity. I stayed at Hotel Delle Rose which is just a few steps from the monastery and the church. There was not many people in the church these days (it was friday and saturday), so I could easily focus on prayer in front of the sealed glass coffin with Saint Rita's body. The church was open from early morning hours till 8pm. Unfortunately I didn't visit the monastry. I thought that it was closed for pilgrims, but today I found that on the shrine's website it's mentioned among the places to visit. I hope I will have a chance to go there again. I recommend visiting Cascia to anyone whose life has been touched by any kind of problems. That's a perfect place for prayer and reflexion, place of hope!

Robert
Back to top Go down

I would like to visit Saint Rita
Page 1 of 1